M@S CHALLENGE 2016
- Each school is allowed to send a maximum of two (2) teams consisting of four (4) students per team and 1 teacher-in-charge.
- Participants are required to bring their own stationeries including pencils (for shading), pens and scientific calculators
- The M@S Challenge is divided into two (2) sessions
(1) Session 1 (Preliminary session) – 45 minutes
Each participant has to answer 40 paper-based multiple choice questions which covers the Form 4 and Form 5 Additional Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects. Ten (10) questions will be asked from each subject. All questions will be in English language. The score for each team is the sum of scores of each participant in the team.
(2) Session 2 (Final session) – 30 minutes
The top ten (10) teams with highest score will be eligible to enter session 2. Each participant is required to answer 20 multiple choice questions which covers the Form 4 and Form 5 Additional Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects using the computer facilities provided by Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC). All questions will be in English language. The score for each team is the sum of scores of each participant in the team.
- The team with the highest score in Session 2 will be the first (1st) prize winner. The second (2nd) prize will be given to the team with the second highest score and the third (3rd) prize will be awarded to the team with the third highest score. However, if two (2) teams score the same highest scores, then the scores obtained from Session 1 will be used as tie breaker.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the above rules and regulations without prior notice.
- In case of any dispute, the organizer’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Registration is strictly through the School
- Complete the registration form attached, scan and email to :
(1) Ms. Chang Pei Fah, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Ms. Chong Kim Nie, email: email@example.com
Deadline of Registration
- Tuesday, 30th August 2016, 5pm.
- Please note that registration is on first-come-first-served-basis
|8.30am||Registration for M@S Challenge & Arrival of Participants|
|9.00am||Arrival of VIPs|
|9.05am||Corporate Video & Slide Show|
|9.10am||Welcome Address by Senior Management|
|9.35am||General Briefing of the Event|
|9.45am||CPUS M@S Challenge - Round 1|
|11.20am||CPUS M@S Challenge - Round 2|
|12.30 pm||Lunch Break|
Closing Remarks by Head of CPUS
Certificate & Prize Presentation by Senior Management
|Category||Prizes awarded to the SCHOOL of the winning team*||Prizes awarded to the PARTICIPANTS of the winning team*|
Cash award of RM 1000.00 per team
|A laptop worth RM 1500.00||
Cash award of RM 800.00 per team
Cash award of RM 600.00 per team
Three (3) Consolation Prizes
|A printer worth RM 500.00||Cash award of RM 400.00 per team|
*The organiser reserves the right to change the prizes but not the approximate value
- Certificates of participation will be presented to all participants.
- Certificates will also be presented to all the winners.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferrable.